It was such a thrilled and with great honour to be invited by the famous Malaysian Fashion Stylist, Calvin Cheong to create 5 hijab styling and Muslimah looks for Kenanga Wholesale City Fashion Mall (the biggest and first fashion wholesale mall in Kuala Lumpur) commercial photo shoots last Monday.
The concepts was basically to have our model in 5 different Muslimah looks while ‘shopping’ at the mall.
Pre-shopping were made the day before (with Calvin himself) and gosh! it took us almost 6 hours to complete the 5-7 looks ( we took extras in case last min changes). Our main challenge was to source out for the dresses and props in such a HUGE place ! phewww…😀
The tasks given to Top2ToeStyliesta as #hijabstylist covered everything from choosing the best fashion & styles, matched with the right color shawls, props with handbags and shoes, plus accessories too!
Since we are required to come out with 5 different Muslimah looks, eventually we had the most ‘dramatic’ and bold modern jubah as the main ‘character’, ‘urban and chic’ shopper, lady in ‘working attire’, stylish turbanista in kebaya , sweet and modest muslimah in tunic chiffon blouse and mermaid skirt.
Meet Moniki from Brazil..
Our model for the day…
Which then, i turned her look into ..
Okay, well…yeah, she’s tall (obviously!) haha..
We had so much fun at the photo shoots, trying to get the best shots ..
The principles or elements to create the styles for Monik was simply focused on
1. Her 5 characters and fashion/styles to fit in
2. Her body figure and height (since she’s not a Malaysian, we figure out she needs an outfit that is long enough)
3. Style story – what’s her style story and how to create a good combination for both dress and her shawls. The color plays a major role here.
4. The dress /outfit must be simple and not too cluttered as she needs to be ‘seen’ shopping at the malls with lots of stuff around.
5. Props – with shoes, handbags , and simple accessories to add to the ‘scene’.
Monik had been so supportive and professional … #thegirlinhijab
Then i changed her into a turbanista in modern kebaya ..
The last look we had for the day… yeayy, finally!!!
Me, as the Stylist and Image Consultant
For any Hijab Styling & Personal Image Consultation , contact us directly at
[M] +00 6012 9023625
Psst! Don’t forget to follow us, like and share!!